[FLOOFbegone]

It is definitely candy.

Not only is it candy, it is HOME MADE candy filled with affection and care.

Zee might not be a pony or a keebler elf, she might not have any literal magic to add to her snacks and treats and entrees, but what she DOES have?

Is genuine love for everyone she serves at Trog's tavern.

And that's something that can't be replaced by any amount of magic.

Lucas likewise tries a candy out, his expression brightening. "Wow these are actually really good."

Now he's got to sample all three flavors.

It is worth noting that the sugar plums really aren't that sweet compared to most candies. They're just spiced, dried fruit in a thing shell of hard candy. If someone REALLY wanted sweet there's also that tray of chocolate covered fruit pate nearby busy looking delicious.

"So! Are you kids having fun this year?" Zee asks, smiling wide at our heroes. It's pretty clear she's enjoying herself at least.

[SWORDGIRL ULTIMATE THANKSMAS SHOWDOWN]

"Hi Cora you came to the party I'm so glad! Do you like the decorations I helped put them up and I love them!" Lapis replies gleefully, bouncing on her heels. "I was just telling Anika about how Thanksmas works since she's got something else where she comes from."

Something about a jolly dwarf that gives out weapons? Lapis could really get behind a cool sword for Thanksmas.

"Hey! When I was playing with the Frescots the other day Laela was saying how you can melt snowballs with your breath and that we should have a snowball melting contest," Lapis reports before glancing back toward Cessie and Bastion. "I heard your brother can't breath fire only sand so I guess maybe he could just watch?"

From Lapis' tone it is clear that she has great sympathy for Bastion's misfortune at getting a really lame breath weapon.