Quote Originally Posted by FrankinLondon View Post
Hi All

New member here looking for unusual Sorcadin build advice

I have a 7th level Vengeance Paladin. Str 18, Int 8, Wis 12, Con 14, Dex 10, Cha 14. Variant Human with Great Weapon Master as a feat and Great Weapon Fighting as a fighting style.

Having read this guide, I am looking to multi-class him as a Sorcerer, but never planned for this, so he probably isn't best optimised for it. C'est la Vie. I can only work with what I have got.

I am thinking of going Pal 8 next for the ASI/Feat. If I do, would you recommend War Caster, Resilient Con or a Stat increase ?

Missing out on the ASI seems harsh, but if anyone thinks Pal 8 is a bad idea, let me know please. I have no idea what character level I will get to, but 15+ is unlikely I think. Never say never though (I already have a 17th level Wizard, who would have thought when I started him off).

When I eventually start as a Sorcerer at Character level 9, I am torn between Shadow or Favoured Soul. The former suits the Vengeance theme (a little), especially with the hound. The latter has more flavour synergy with the class though. I will never get to 14th level as a Sorcerer, so it is not worth worrying about the higher level powers.

All thoughts welcome.
Given your ability scores and the fact you are using a two hander I’d recommend +2 cha.

You are planning to go sorcerer so the +2 cha will increase your sorcerer spells save dcs and attack rolls. It also increases your saves including concentration saves by +1 due to your aura. You don’t need warcaster in order to cast because you can always take a hand off of your weapon to do so.

Between shadow or divine soul, it depends on what you really want to get out of the sorcerer levels. Since you’re human do you need darkvision? Do you plan to use shadow darkness as another way to get easy advantage? Or do you have cleric spells that you are aching to get that’s not on the Paladin list?

Personally I think shadow might be better for you because you will gain darkvision and with great weapon master another way to get easy advantage to attacks is probably very welcomed.