Quote Originally Posted by FrankinLondon View Post
Hi All

New member here looking for unusual Sorcadin build advice

I have a 7th level Vengeance Paladin. Str 18, Int 8, Wis 12, Con 14, Dex 10, Cha 14. Variant Human with Great Weapon Master as a feat and Great Weapon Fighting as a fighting style.

Having read this guide, I am looking to multi-class him as a Sorcerer, but never planned for this, so he probably isn't best optimised for it. C'est la Vie. I can only work with what I have got.

I am thinking of going Pal 8 next for the ASI/Feat. If I do, would you recommend War Caster, Resilient Con or a Stat increase ?

Missing out on the ASI seems harsh, but if anyone thinks Pal 8 is a bad idea, let me know please. I have no idea what character level I will get to, but 15+ is unlikely I think. Never say never though (I already have a 17th level Wizard, who would have thought when I started him off).

When I eventually start as a Sorcerer at Character level 9, I am torn between Shadow or Divine Soul. The former suits the Vengeance theme (a little), especially with the hound. The latter has more flavour synergy with the class though. I will never get to 14th level as a Sorcerer, so it is not worth worrying about the higher level powers.

All thoughts welcome.
I would actually ask my DM to revert a level of Paladin so you could be Paladin 6/Sorcerer 2. Oath of Vengeance level 7 feature isn't amazing, and I would much rather start my Sorcerer career at that point.
In regards to subclass, in my opinion, Divine Soul works better, because Spirit Guardians and Spiritual Weapon are just incredible spells which fill out two things for you:
1. Good AoE. Something Paladins rarely have.
2. Bonus Action usage.