View Single Post

Thread: DnD Head Canons

1. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: DnD Head Canons

Quote Originally Posted by Amdy_vill View Post
    Hobgoblins have a Russian accent

Dwarves are Scottish

Thay is less evil than the books make it out to be. still evil but not mustache-twirling villain evil. more child-friendly Russia evil.

Krynn is the Frist World Created

Spelljammers are more common than the lore makes them out to be. in lore Spelljammers are very common but the books make them out to be kinda rare, I like to ply it up instead of being common their supper common. like people in small farming villages know what spelljammers are, not like by sight but have heard of them and maybe seen one or two.

all gods are *******s, I like the idea of dnd having a massively different morality from us and playing into that making the gods more *******-ish than the lore makes them out to be.
    You do not need a lot of effort if you are in the forgotten realms for the last thing.
    Spelljammers being common makes a lot of sense.
    It would explain why there is so many campaigns with them at some random place: spelljammers are precious so you would not find one stuck in a place often if they were rare.
    Thay have explicitly slavery but it does not means they inflict cruelty to their slaves for no reason: while there is a lot of things oriented about slavery and violence against slaves in thay prcs and spells it could be a thing mostly to be used against slaves that escapes.
    Nybor's Gentle Reminder is explicitly said to now be used mostly in fights by thayan mages while before it was used to motivate slaves through pain suggesting that the slave conditions in thay improved(so it is probably just horrible slavery instead of horrible slavery with gratuitous cruelty) so your headcannon seems compatible with the low amount of fluff I have read about thay.
    Last edited by noob; 2020-12-09 at 05:30 PM.