Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
You do not need a lot of effort if you are in the forgotten realms for the last thing.
Spelljammers being common makes a lot of sense.
It would explain why there is so many campaigns with them at some random place: spelljammers are precious so you would not find one stuck in a place often if they were rare.
Thay have explicitly slavery but it does not means they inflict cruelty to their slaves for no reason: while there is a lot of things oriented about slavery and violence against slaves in thay prcs and spells it could be a thing mostly to be used against slaves that escapes.
Nybor's Gentle Reminder is explicitly said to now be used mostly in fights by thayan mages while before it was used to motivate slaves through pain suggesting that the slave conditions in thay improved(so it is probably just horrible slavery instead of horrible slavery with gratuitous cruelty) so your headcannon seems compatible with the low amount of fluff I have read about thay.
I feel is compatible because more recent thay info dumps have been moving them towards my view. Thay is my personal favorite setting as I love to play necromancers that aren't evil and several sources call out thay for having that. Thay is just a great piece of lore that I wish got more attention.