What? Rater, them not having a Daimyo and just having a different form of ruler is perfectly reasonable, and coming down on you for that would be ridiculous.

also I watched some of the shippuden anime to see how ninshu actually works, just to clear it up. and the episodes on Hagoromo, Indra and Asura were pretty enlightening. apparently ninshu is just meditative handholding with chakra added. it'll be hilarious when people find out thats what it is. whats even more hilarious is that Hagoromo missed the point of building that bridge: ninshu had nothing or at least almost nothing to do with it. it was all him being a good person.

as for Benjiro:
well the characters I made with hybrid elements weren't made with your logic about them in mind. Kimiko does not yet know Water or Earth release yet, Shimizu doesn't know anything but blood release, heck Mitsuko doesn't know water or earth release, my senju character won't know them at start, and the only reason Reina knows them is because she had good incentive to make it look like she figured out how to combine them with her fake invention to fake being this non-kekkei genkai genius. like my logic when making them was that these bloodlines gave you access to the element and you had to train it up regardless.

so....how do we explain that? we're not making these characters with the same logic in mind and its too late too change Kimiko and Mitsuko.