Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
I think ultimately the issue here is Rater, why do you not want the free chocolate gifts?
I know for me, I've had somewhat of a same problem where my mother and grandmother'll (and occasionally my aunt) will visit and then leave gifts of food without asking me. Often these are things with a limited lifespan, such as pastries.

Now, I am not a big eater, as I may have mentioned. So... if I suddenly have more food, I now have a problem - I bought enough food for me to be satisfied assuming that I would not have this additional food. And they just keep bringing more, no matter how much I ask. My grandmother makes tarts every year. I still had tarts in the freezer from last year, because I was given so much food over the course of the year that was perishable that I never was able to dip into the things that would keep when I was a bit more peckish than normal.

Sure, gifts are fine... but there becomes a point where such things are impractical, and in this case it's based on one's appetite. If it's never going to get eaten, it's just taking up space, or causing problems, or (even if non-perishable) causing guilt when more gifts just keep piling up...