1. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW Thread for 3.5 #36: The Triple Dozen

Q 70
    A level 10 Planar Wizard can add the alignment descriptor of his choice to his spells, gaining a bonus against creatures of the opposite alignment, and this bonus is doubled if the spell already has the same alignment descriptor.

What if the wizard also uses a separate trick that adds an alignment descriptor to his spells? (Like Consecrate/Purified Spell, Corrupt/Violate Spell, mark of the enlightened soul, touch of the blackened soul, etc.) Is the bonus doubled if the two alignment descriptor matches?

Q 71
    The Heroes of Horror sourcebook introduces a variant rule when casting spells with the evil descriptor (basically, a SAN check: a Will save, which if failed adds depravity taint). If this rule is used, shall the save applies also to spells gaining the evil descriptor through an additional trick? (Aligned Spellcaster, Planar Wizard, Corrupt Spell, Violate Spell, touch of the blackened soul...)
    Last edited by St Fan; 2020-12-15 at 05:59 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

DM: At the end of the meal, the innkeeper is bringing you the cheese plate. Roll for initiative.
    PC: Excuse me, what?
    DM: I said, roll for initiative. They like their cheese really ripe in these parts. They have the ooze type.

"Excuse me, but... is it a GOOD or a BAD thing when the DM can't help bursting into laughter every time he hears the phrase 'level-appropriate encounter'? No, just curious..."

Extended signature