1. - Top - End - #105
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Rogue Squadron Movie! (and I guess a bunch of other stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    However I am glad I did watch Rise of Skywalker it is the best of the sequel movies (a low bar to be sure, and do not go in with high expectations) - one of the improvements was Rise of Skywalker has actual villains with some weight or presence (for lack of a better term) which was sorely lacking in the other movies (and Ian McDiarmid is fun as Palpatine).

Now to be clear the movie is not good but if you hate The Last Jedi then Rise of Skywalker can do a lot to wash the terribleness out of your mind, or at least it did for me.
    Exactly. The main problem with Rise of Skywalker was that it had to clean up after Last Jedi and all of its inconsistencies and inane plot twists, most especially:
    *Rey being "nobody",
    *Luke's personality change,
    *the changes to how hyperdrive works,
    *Rose "heroically" saving the imperial superweapon,
    *and most of all, the director's decision to kill off the main villain simply because he could. I admit that fight scene was cool, but it wrecked the plot.

If Rise of Skywalker was a bad movie it was only because The Last Jedi wrote it into a corner. Any problem with Rise of Skywalker is not actually a problem with the movie itself, but rather a problem with The Last Jedi which has carried over.
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2020-12-17 at 01:16 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)