Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
[Simulation Room]

Hey!
It only happened once.
Harley's not planning on becoming the protagonist of a trashy novel any time soon.

Manja realizes something's wrong when she suddenly stops getting pet.
She opens her eyes and looks up at her father, trying to see what's wrong. Obviously he's distressed, so there's obviously something wrong.
[Simulation Room]

Manja moving does catch Rein's eye and he looks down with a reassuring smile and a more reassuring pet. "It's fine. There's a rational explanation for this. I just don't know what it is yet. I can fix it."

Rein does check a few more rooms. To his relief, some of them have beds in them, but they're all fairly generic and it's like no one's living there at all. Which might be the case. HALO doesn't have that many members. Enough, but Rein really needs to get back to recruiting some talent.

He is distracted, however, when a loud explosion goes off nearby, shaking him and nearly taking his footing out from under him. But what makes his face pale is the sound of rushing water.

[Felandria's Office]

Magtok's avoiding a second hug and getting punched, he's definitely not going to let himself get grabbed by the throat! As he ducks away from her extended reach, though it does back him into a corner.

"Well I was going to say something about leaving before the guilt sets in, but now I think I'm just going to do it before bodily harm becomes a factor. I've paid my due by giving you a heads up. Ciao." Part of the deal with Doctor Affidivat included getting his personal telewarp system back online and it's already paying off. He dematerializes before Felandria's eyes, escaping the demi-goddess' wrath for now. Let his two enemies fight it out while he profits from a distance and picks up the scraps from the fallout and maybe take out whomever's left. Or play them against someone else. He hasn't decided yet.

Felandria has about a minute left to react before an explosion rocks a distant section of the base, approximately near where the dorms are.