So MonHunt update: Raging Brachydios is Raging Brachydone.

Gotta say, it's a real fun fight, if a bit scripted, now that i've got some experience with it.

if you've fought Brachy, you have an idea what to expect from his larger and angrier version: lots of jumps, lots of punches and lots of explosions. Just make it even bigger, quicker, more aggressive and with more explosion patterns and AoEs then before. His explosions can sometimes light you on fire too. You also fight him in the guiding lands, which is an end-game microcosm of every area you've been in so far.

You'll find him in the jungle area but as he takes damage, he will eventually make his way into the volcanic subterrain part. The last phase of the fight is the scripted bit, where he retreats to a boss room and all heck breaks loose as he overheats and begins punching the ground so hard and furiously, the area starts exploding violently and traps you in. It becomes an even more hectic scramble as his explosions are larger and his patterns of AoE "don't stand here" spots even more erratic as he bounces around the arena trying to pummel the hunters.

I've largely farmed all I want from him, I technically have the bits I need for his armour set, it just requires me to hunt some non-raging brachy monsters to get them, and I may be one part off from the palico gear. I'd need to double check. Haven't checked all his weapons, which are tier 12, but the Insect Glaive is a fun piece of kit with some nice blast damage attached to it. Probably my best weapon by far for going mano-a-monster.

I've managed to kill Furious Rajang a couple of times as part of a group, but i've yet to solo fight him successfully (thank you plunderblade, you've managed to harvest quite a bit on those failed runs). He's the next fight I have to learn and it seems like it's a doozy of one. His mobility and the lack of good downtime after he whiffs and attack, in addition to the VERY few weak spots on his body (basically only his head and when he's in full AMGRY MONKE mode, his arms get armour and wider swings to the head may just bounce off those armoured arms due to Rajang's small body) and the removal of the tail (a weak spot of the base Rajang)... ick. I might just skip him for a while until i've better learned how to fight him through tutorials. I've largely got the bits I need for the FR Heavy Bow Gun, i'm just missing the super rare drop... but i can get that from trading celestial wyverian print so I might just wait and see if i can get that.