Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

The Ms. J Investigation

Aha, further proof of demonic corruption. Jezebel had been completely human before, but then she had been corrupted. Not to mention that all her sisters were half-sisters which also seemed pretty suspicious to her too. She would need to inquire further into that. "So what happened to her and the others? I had assumed that she was born like that, with the little horns and all." Anika turns to Charles and raises one of her long eyebrows. "She looks almost exactly like a succubus, y'know?" Perhaps Charles was aware of what that confusion had lead to.
The Ms. J Investigation

Charles doesn't answer immediately, visibly conflicted as to whether or not it was his place to say so, but it seems the choice gets made for him. "It's alright, Charles. I'll take over." Jezebel says, smiling gently to the older man as she enters the room. At least she's dressed, wearing bodyglove with a pair of slacks over the lower half. "I know your displeasure for this sort of conversation anyway." As Charles bows and departs, Jezebel turns her back to Anika as she heads over to her half-written tome to turn pages. "Turning my back to the so-called God-Emperor of Mankind and falling into worship of a darker god is what changed me initially. Mutation, daemonic taint, where I am from is more akin to a reflection of the soul in many instances than something purely environmental or genetic. It wasn't immediate and developed over time, and the Lotus Gardens itself is the result of such worship though most of us have turned from it in time. My sisters fell as I did to different Powers, though they've committed fully to such paths and are likely beyond any sort of redemption I fear. Just as father planned." There's immense distaste to her voice as she finally seems to find the page she's looking for and gestures for Anika to take a look.

"And for the last time, I'm not a succubus, Anika. Demonic, perhaps, but nothing you're familiar with. In part because there was never anything like a succubus where I am from. We have Daemonettes instead." Jezebel has made an entire entry on Daemonettes in her book, complete with an incredibly detailed portrait. Lithe, beautiful, strong, horrifying and alluring all in one with inhuman talons and flesh. It almost feels like the sketch wants to crawl off the page and up Anika. It even seems to move slightly and hypnotically before Jezebel closes the tome. "But also it is because I don't have power over minds or feed off sex. I never have."

Lotus Gardens

Charles is more than ready to take Wenomir's coat whenever he arrives, and though he's as respectful as always, there seems to be a glint of mischief to his eyes and smile. "I shall fetch them with utmost haste, Sir. It may take a few moments however. Could I interest you in breakfast or coffee while waiting?" He offers, gesturing towards the dining room where a maid waits for a command. Regardless of his answer, Charles will slink away to Jezebel's bedroom to inform the inhabitants of a guest. He doesn't knock, instead slipping inside so he can throw open the curtains and bay window to wake up Cessie and Jezebel both. "Lord Wenomir is awaiting in the dining room." He provides no more context than that before slipping back out.