Quote Originally Posted by MaienM View Post
Q79: How does wildshape/alternate form interact with ability loss (for the physical ability scores)? Alternate form specifies that you gain the physical ability scores of the new form, and I would presume that any ability loss is then applied to these new scores. But what then happens when the alternate form ends? Does the loss go away when you return to your original form (since the loss was applied to a different set of scores that no longer apply to you), or does it stick with you?
A79
No, any ability damage or drain you take carries over between forms.

Q80: Urban Shape (pretty much just Wild Shape but for humanoids rather than animals) allows you to change into any creature with the humanoid type. I've been looking through some of the books to find interesting things to shift into but I'm having some trouble figuring out how the stats for this work, since a lot of the listed creatures have class levels.

A) Take for example the Dark Talon Tribe (from MMIV page 83). There are a few stat blocks here. The simplest one is the Dark Talon Soldier, which is pretty straightforward. But then there's also a Dark Talon Champion, which has some levels in barbarian (and an ability score increase from having more HD). Would that be a valid form to shift into? If so I assume this would use the stats from the non-raging form (since I cannot rage), is this correct?

B) Say that at 8th level I were to shift into a creature that is listed with 4HD. Since at that point I can shift into forms of up to 8HD, would I then be able to shift into a leveled-up version of this (originally 4HD) form, with a corresponding ability score increase?
A80
I don't personally feel like this is ever explained very clearly for Wild Shape, Alternate Form or Urban Shape, but here's how I understand it:

You don't actually take the specific NPC's ability scores: you just take the racial adjustments, and nothing else. You keep your original ability-score array, and replace the racial adjustments from your race with the racial adjustments for the race you're shifting into. So, if you shift into a Dark Talon lizardfolk, you remove the physical-score adjustments from your own race, and replace them with the physical ability score adjustments of a lizardfolk, and that's it. So, say you're a 5th-level dwarf druid. You start with a 32-point buy, and give yourself 14-10-14-10-16-14. With racial adjustments (+2 Con, -2 Cha) and the +1 at 4th level going to Wis, your dwarf has Str 14, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 12. Then, he takes lizardfolk form, so his abilities become Str 16, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 12.

Q81: Actions point allow you to emulate having a feat for a single round (provided you meet the requirements for said feat). If one were to use this to emulate having a feat that grants access to extra Wild Shape forms (e.g. Frozen Wild Shape) and then proceeded to shift into such a form in the same round, what would happen the next turn? Would you shift back or would you be able stay in this form?
A81
I don't think this is very clearly explained either, but the text says, "He gains the benefit until the beginning of his next turn." By my reading, that means he loses the form after 1 round (unless he pays another action point to prolong it). So, after 1 round, he would shift back to his natural form, and that use of Wild Shape is over. Of course, there are some abilities that let you shift multiple times as a single use of Wild Shape (e.g., Warshaper(?)), so if you have one of those abilities, I think you could just shift at the end of the round into a form that doesn't require the feat you're emulating, and then you wouldn't lose your use of Wild Shape.