1. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Master of Many forms and Human Bonus feat

Quote Originally Posted by Darg View Post
    A feat is a feature not an ability. Stat blocks literally have their own section specifically for feats. Racial bonus feats are a feature of racial traits. Alternate Form, and by extension Wild Shape, does not give you racial traits.

I would even argue that even Alter Self would not let you get the human bonus feat. It's not even given a designation.

The extra feat is literally "1 extra feat at 1st level." As you aren't first level, it would be impossible to benefit from this trait. Compare it to elves:

The human trait is an extra feat at first level. The elven trait is proficiency which gives bonus feats. One is a trait while the other is a feature of a trait.
    Have you read any of the quotes I posted?

Just because Feats have their separate line in the statsblock doesn't change the fact that the sole Special ability category they can fit into is EX. If you still don't want to believe it, have a look at the statement in BOED page 39 in the Exalted Feats paragraph:
    Quote Originally Posted by Exalted Feats
    These feats are thus supernatural in nature (rather than being
    extraordinary abilities, as most feats are
    ).
    The quote shows without any doubt that non-exalted feats default to "Extraordinary Abilities" unless otherwise mentioned.

yeah it's a 1st lvl ability. So what? Wild Shape turns you in a generic matured state of the target creature type. And how much lvl/HD has the most generic adult human (hint: commoner/npc 1)? Yeah 1st lvl. That is the generic form you are shaping into. So where is the problem?

I have provided you enough rules over the past posts that feats are EX abilities by default. Unless you can point me to rules that say otherwise, accept it as a fact pls.

The question to solve is still "how it is resolved when a human wild shapes (as MOMF 7) into another human".
    Does he lose his original HBF or does he get to pick second HBF for the duration of Wild Shape?