Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
I mean, despite that, you probably would realize yourself that you're in the minority, and that the hardest difficulty in any game wouldn't be the point where the devs would spend the most time balancing.

What I mean is that the phrase "the hardest difficulty is not well balanced" would be a fairer sentence than "the game is not balanced at all". Sorry if that was what you meant all along though.
I mean, yes, I'm a minority, but if the XCOM and Phoenix Point devs are willing to put in the effort to balance all four difficulty settings, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the Gears devs to do the same. It's not like they're some small indie company!

And to be honest, the 'hard' difficulty doesn't seem all that well tuned either. I played through on difficulty 4 out of 4 and got repeatedly one-shot and had to restart multiple times per mission. Now I'm playing through on difficulty 3 out of 4 and it's a cakewalk (I can't remember the last time that one of my soldiers dipped below half health). I'm still (just about) enjoying it, but if I give up on the game, this and the equipment UI are going to be the reasons why.