I've been working on stuff that's been sitting in my steam for ages, picked up from sales years ago. Hasn't been very successful, I should probably start a policy of always playing new games within a week so I can get the refund if they turn out uninteresting; though these may've been bought before that policy existed.

Wargame: European escalation felt like too much work. It seems like just another RTS; and while the units are in some sense interesting, in practice it felt just like standard RTS babysitting the troops so they don't die stupidly rather than interesting command decisions. While there's a lot of variations on each unit, I didn't get that strong a feel of how each variant plays/when to use them.

King of Fighters 13 steam; was ok, but it didn't really feel any better than good ol' KoFs 96-98. Also my current keyboard doens't do it well; one of things I remember now is that some keyboards simply do not do fighting games well; they don't handle the multiple simultaneous keypresses well, so doing the moves works poorly or not at all. Maybe some time I'll try more when I'm using another keyboard. The gameplay seems like the one things it really adds is super long combo chains; otherwise it's about the same and doesn't seem markedly better tuned or anything. Even the graphics don't feel more enjoyable, which is quite surprising considering the years difference.

Cities: Skylines is well done, it just doesn't 'grab' me; and I don't know why. I had lots of fun playing Simcity 2k back in the day. As well as original simcity, and many other things. There's a reasonable number of options, nice graphics and ambience, and it seems like I should be enjoying it more; but I'm just not finding it that engaging. Perhaps it's simply too similar gameplay-wise to all the other simcity games I've played historically, such that there isn't much NEW to enjoy. Perhaps it's a bit too easy, and I should try to find a way to up the difficulty level. Or I might not feel connected enough to the city; while the ingame city tweets are amusing, it's not quite enough. I remember Simcity 2k had that newspaper that could come up from time to time; even if it was repetitive at times I liked those stories, and they helped the city feel real. It feels like I don't get to see citizens or advisors really saying stuff enough.

I'm also reminded of why I sadly couldn't play Legend of Grimrock, the devs did the lighting in a poor way (like actual torch flickering) that causes some sensitive people to get headaches. I just can't play for long without getting a headache and that's just too unfun; and there's no way to fix that problem.