1. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What are you playing 4: HD Remaster Gold Collector's Edition Thread of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by zlefin View Post
    Cities: Skylines is well done, it just doesn't 'grab' me; and I don't know why. I had lots of fun playing Simcity 2k back in the day. As well as original simcity, and many other things. There's a reasonable number of options, nice graphics and ambience, and it seems like I should be enjoying it more; but I'm just not finding it that engaging. Perhaps it's simply too similar gameplay-wise to all the other simcity games I've played historically, such that there isn't much NEW to enjoy. Perhaps it's a bit too easy, and I should try to find a way to up the difficulty level. Or I might not feel connected enough to the city; while the ingame city tweets are amusing, it's not quite enough. I remember Simcity 2k had that newspaper that could come up from time to time; even if it was repetitive at times I liked those stories, and they helped the city feel real. It feels like I don't get to see citizens or advisors really saying stuff enough.
    I have basically the same problem. I like it well enough, but I can never play for more than a little while. I even tried with the scenarios, but... It just can't grab me.

Got an email that Skunkape had bought Sam & Max and were releasing a remastered version (50% of for owners at Telltale). Nearly snapped their hands off, on the basis of supporting small developers doing Something I Liked...

And got as far as redeeming a key for Gog so I could get my discount and only THEN spotted the reviews that explained that they have done a load of censoring and replaced Bosco's voice actor (literally because they decided he was voiced by someone of the wrong the wrong skin-colour; no, I'm honestly serious).

Ahahahahaha, 2020, you didn't even let me have five minutes with that one, did you?

There is already a modder hard at work restoring as much of the original content to the remaster as he can, but... They ain't getting my money today.

(Perhaps never, I did make a very special point of backing up my Sam & Max games (along with Hector Badge of Carnage) the moment Telltale went broke.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-12-24 at 10:36 AM.