Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
I think Girard would be aware of most mechanical traits a paladin has (he certainly spent a long time adventuring alongside one), but it's likely that in almost every situation in which his bias could plausibly affect his judgment about paladins, it did. So he would accept that Soon was given magical disease immunity by the dumb animal gods he worshipped, but he might not accept that, say, paladins are genuinely honorable people and tend to be honest and loyal (except in situations where it was a bad thing, maybe).

Confirmation bias is a hell of a drug, and can make people of otherwise reasonable intelligence believe very stupid things. I think that's what was going on with Girard's weird beliefs about paladins. Confirmation bias will absolutely allow you to absorb information that you have no motive to disbelieve, though. So I imagine that Girard, who seems less "stupid" than "biased," would likely know all about Soon's purely mechanical abilities.
Yeah... I remember seeing someone wonder if Girard thought that Soon's order to close the rift while he and Kraagor were still in range was why Kraagor died - because he thought Soon's paladin saves meant it'd be likely for him to survive. That's BS, but then again this is Girard.