Show
Lenna Tanglírë
Wood Elf Warlock
AC: 13 HP: 20/21
PP: 12 PIv: 10 PIs: 12
Conditions: --
Concentration: --
Quote Originally Posted by Narrator
The arrow struck the giant weasel true and sunk deep into its fur before it could attack. Blood trickled from the wound and it staggered, the voice in your head instructed you how to finish it off.
Lenna stood there for a moment, a second arrow in hand, ensuring the giant weasel wouldn't move. She had not meant to kill the creature, but as she slowly approached its body and examined the wound, she realized she did not know how to save it either. The wound was way too deep. Whomever it was that wanted to show her how it is done had really gone all in. She pulled off one of her daggers and finished the animal off, ending its suffering.

Now out of danger, she went back to the dead deer carcass. Dagger in hand, she knelt and sliced and packed as much meat as she could. Then she doubled back to the weasel once again, pulled the arrow off its body, and placed a piece of moose meat in front of it, as a gesture of respect.

She was ready to leave when she heard the ethereal voice calling her again: "Lenna...", this time, the voice seemed to be coming from the well.
She knelt next to the water, and her reflection slowly started to blur and shift, first into the image of her father, and then her father's mother, and then other elves with familiar faces she didn't quite fully recognize, and then everything else became blurred, and then dark.

"Grandma? What is this? Who... Who's there?" Lenna slowly opened her eyes, the reflection of the sun light on the water surface invading her senses with a calm and warm feeling. Everything was quiet at first, but slowly the rustle of the trees and the sound of the water gradually came to her. She stood up feeling that something had changed, she felt in control.

"Could this really be my family reaching to me? Or something else, using them to trick me? This magic feels powerful, but it also feels tainted... and yet, more than anything, it feels good... " Lenna snapped her finger, and she could hear the roar of the beast again. This time it didn't startle her, but she heard the sounds of scared vermin running away in the woods. "If I am to understand who saved me and what it wants from me, I must first understand more about magic, more about these spells.".

The morning sun shone mildly in the sky, but Lenna felt a pull in her heart telling her to go in the opposite direction, away from the sun. And so she did, setting out in her journey.