I enjoyed it, as well, but I can't disagree that it has quite a few flaws and very strange choices.

Spoiler
Show
The weirdest thing about the body surfing stuff is that the morality of it is never brought up. You'd think, especially during the parts where Steve is trying to convince Diana to let him go and rescind her wish, he would bring up the fact that the hapless fellow he's possessing can never return to his own body as long as Steve possesses it as part of his argument on why keeping him alive was wrong. But he doesn't. Nobody does. It's so odd.

I also felt that entire moral of the story--that you shouldn't take shortcuts to get what you want--is somewhat undercut by the fact that Lord's wish was the only one made with knowledge and intention. Diana's and Barbara's wishes are made by accident, as neither actually believed they would come true. Most everyone else was basically tricked into wishing by Lord. It feels like the real moral of the story is, if someone touches your shoulder and asks, "You really wish for X, don't you?" you should never say "yes."

Also, I understood why they didn't go that route, but I have to admit I was a little disappointed the movie didn't end with Diana snapping Lord's neck on live TV. (Admit it, that dialogue about how the stone needed to be destroyed to undo its wishes made you think, at least for a moment, they might take that route.)

That cameo in the credits was great, though.