Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
I want to ask if you’re making all this nonsense up, but in my heart I believe that you aren’t.
Hah, I'm not even half that creative. This whole thing is just...bewilderingly crazy. I can't imagine how the writers settled on this.

Spoiler
Show
So Diana makes things invisible now, rather than throwing a switch on her jet’s cloaking device?

And she somehow coopts someone else’s body (who looks exactly like Boyfriend) so Boyfriend’s mind can drive it? But where did Boyfriend’s mind come back from? If she wished his mind back, why can’t she wish his body back too? That seems more convenient for everyone.

And then she…kills him? But without killing the host body? This is confusing.
Spoiler
Show

Apparently you can un-monkeys paw yourself by just saying "I renounce my wish" which is told to them by someone who arrives thirty minutes before the movie ends, claims to be the reincarnation of some other dude that isn't explained, has a magical book of lore he hasn't read, but which he knows contains the answer.

He informs her that the device with latin on it is some ancient prehistoric thing that doomed atlantis and the mayans and what not, and then vanishes from the movie entirely.

It's never made clear why it was necessary for the wish to borrow someone else's body. Nor anything about how the undoing works.

The rules for wishes as given are very few, and all of them are broken at least once, and at least once for each its lamented that they can't be broken.

It's sort of vaguely implied that boyfriend is in some heaven-like place prior to being called back, but he doesn't seem put out at being in the 80s instead. Maybe he goes back there?