View Single Post

Thread: Ww84

1. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Ww84

I liked it (saw Soul the same day and liked that a lot more though), but wouldn't rate it any higher than fine. Gadot, Pine and Wiig were all great, I had to keep reminding myself Pedro Pascal is capable of better, no standout moments, a lot of story threads that went nowhere (Minerva's story just sort of ended, didn't it? And what was the point of the gold armor other than merchandising?), a fair amount more dodgy CGI than I expected. But fine.

I'd have liked something to expand on Diana's character more, but as a standalone Wonder Woman movie, sure, I had a good time.

About the body surfing, we all agreed that was shoved in there only because of the actor's resemblance to Lyle Waggoner. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty confident that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Yeah. I honestly expected it to be portrayed as positive because of creativity and what not, but I guess she missed a waypoint, so it counts as cheating by whatever the Amazonian rules are. The audience is never shown or explained the rules, so it's most definitely not clear, but her mom stops her before the finish line and claims she cheated.
    She didn't complete the course, I thought that was pretty clear. It was a horse racing (and archery) portion of a triathalon. She fell off her horse, and that likely was an instant disqualification (she kept looking behind her, and that really wasn't smart but understandable because of her age). She instead bypassed a section of the course and tried to pretend it didn't happen. I used to work for the IronMan Triathalon in Kona and I can tell you they wouldn't hand out Kudos for bypassing sections of the course.
    Last edited by Dire_Flumph; 2020-12-28 at 05:23 PM.