View Single Post

Thread: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

1. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

"I don't really think it is a riddle so much as a lesson that we should take away from this room."
    Ved tells Imogen quite matter of factly.
    Then pacing Ved begins speaking to no one in particular whilst looking down at his feet.
    "Now this lamp has a magical aura about it, however, only the lamp and a handful of the items that we each possess carry such an aura. I presume that the lamp's aura corresponds to it being a flame giving light without heat.
    The absence of magical auras on the walls, ceiling and floor makes it unlikely that an exit is being concealed by illusionary magic.
    We could try the door but if it is suppose to be about deception why would they put a door where there is a door, unless the deception is a deception and the door is actually a door but we are meant to think its not a door.
    <Ved spins for a bit through several levels of indirection regarding what the Cardinal would think they would think the Cardinal would think about the realness of the door.>

Ved abruptly stops pacing and mumbling at the same time and says in a clear and determined voice."Well there is no further value to be had down that like of logic. The door is either the way out or it is not.

I recommend that everyone ready themselves in the event that opening the door triggers additional traps, and/or allows a creature to enter.

Finishing that Ved begins to make some arcane gestures and intonations.

Spoiler: Crunchy bits
    Show
    Pacing 10' South of center Directly east to west, stopping and turning 10' from each wall.

Cast Mage Hand to try the doorknob.
    Last edited by Ahus; 2020-12-31 at 09:30 AM.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...