1. - Top - End - #1205
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 49: I don’t remember what it looks like either

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Journey to the Center of the Elves]

"Of course." The woman hands over her notebook for Zhareen to read the words she spoke. Meanwhile, Korrina has a few noteworthy details. "The rest isn't known to me, but for the first line I may have a lead. There's a city some ways away knows and Riverside, after the river cutting though it. A river city is hardly notable, but it has just recently suffered from an unusual rat infestation." Keeping up with current events is valuable... of course, Korrina knows first hand given she spends half her time in Riverside. "The infestation wasn't at all natural, that much I can say for sure."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Walk in the Woods - Thariza]

"The person living here was supposed to help me," Thariza says. "I don't want to start off by making more holes in their walls. Let's go through the one already there."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "That is correct. Soothsayers and those who listen to them have a way of papering over inconsistencies."

"But given the story that has spread, one thing does seem rather clear. He seeks the return of the Fairest of Lands and tries to open the way. What is not clear is why he would warn others of it with the tale. But the Gentry are inscrutable. Their minds are a tangle of stories, titles and goals. Perhaps his legend demands that he attract worthy adversaries." She looks to Eao. "If so, sharing the story may be what he wants. But it might be a risk you will need to take."

"A city named Riverside that suffered from an unnatural plague of rats? That does seem unlikely to be a coincidence. Unlikely enough that it must be investigated. Especially if it may lead you to the King's allies."
    [Journey to the Center of the Elves]

Zhareen carefully looks over what Korrina has written before she comments. "Sounds like the rats might have been his doing then, doesn't it great lady? He made a deal with them to spread across Riverside and perhaps that also serves to spread his story somehow. We must investigate."

[Walk in the Woods - Thariza]

"You sure? Don't think whoever lives in there is gonna wanna help anyone. It's in the middle of nowhere." But despite her apprehension the Other Ambrosia lands before the temple-lab's gate.
    As Thariza looks at it however it looks as if the pupils of the stone eyes have moved and are now all staring at them.
    The dragon seem to notice and it doesn't seem to ease her apprehension. "...don't want to alarm you or anything, but this place positively stinks of demons. Maybe they were the ones attacking it?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-01-01 at 07:56 AM.