1. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery XVIII - Everyone's an Expert

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I think that’s only Pathfinder, but I could be wrong.
    Hard to say, as far as I recall Pathfinder clarified the rule (to what they felt the rule already was) but both that reading and others readings are kind of possible.

Most mithral armors are one category lighter than normal for purposes of movement and other limitations. Heavy armors are treated as medium, and medium armors are treated as light, but light armors are still treated as light.
    From the special materials page.

Ignoring "other limitations" is a messy statement. Is what feat you need an "other limitation"? Or perhaps it refers to the penalties one gets when wearing an armor and not having the right feat?

Edit: Also the statement "Heavy armors are treated as medium" is one many use to argue the medium armor feat is enough for mithril heavy armor.

Quote Originally Posted by MultitudeMan View Post
    I note that we still have Roy listed as having Endurance, due to sleeping in armor without getting fatigued, but this is neither RAW nor (I think) RAI for heavy armor, which Roy has been established as wearing several times now (panel 9 and panel 2), and his armor has not changed in appearance sufficiently to suggest he's upgraded from medium to heavy armor between 162 and 249. May I suggest a Restful Crystal (MIC) instead, which works for heavy armor?
    Could you clarify what the problem is? If you mean endurance isn't the only way to prevent fatigue, then I get you. But RAW doesn't prevent sleeping in heavy armor, and it clearly does give fatigue when you sleep in heavy armor.

Sleeping in Armor
    A character who sleeps in medium or heavy armor is automatically fatigued the next day. He or she takes a -2 penalty on Strength and Dexterity and can’t charge or run. Sleeping in light armor does not cause fatigue.
    From the armor page.
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2020-12-31 at 09:38 PM.
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build