Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 15 HP: 39/39
    PP: 17 PIv: 10 PIs: 17
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating on:

Caelee is busy petting, whispering to, and rubbing the tummies of the bandit's dogs while the others are arguing, trying to ignore the fighting to the best of her ability. When it rises to a fever pitch she takes a moment to kiss both the dogs on the nose, takes a deep breath, then turns to face her murderous sister and upset brother, her features set in stone. She waits for a lull in the uproar and shouts ENOUGH! at the top of her lungs.

Turning to Senna, she speaks quickly and without pause. Senna, these men are living beings! Killing them in their sleep is taking authority into our own hands that we may not deserve and may not be ready for. If we take that authority into our own hands right now, we open up the possibility of execution to any and all persons who end up on the other side of us. We can use our best judgement to decide who lives and dies, but we are mortal, we are fallible, and we WILL make mistakes that are not easily unmade. This decision CANNOT be made lightly or with a distressed heart. If we kill defenseless people to serve our own goals, we risk becoming EXACTLY like the evil men who killed Father!

Then she turns to Sam, and speaks with the same conviction. Sam, these men and women are, at best, accessories to banditry and murder for profit, turning their faces away as their mates killed, looted, and pillaged innocent people. Much more likely, they have committed these crimes themselves! We cannot drag them along after us, we cannot tie them in trees or put them in holes without making them easy prey to werewolves, shadow druids, lions, tigers, and bears! We live in a world of magical beasts that are not easily put off their meals by a difference in height. Leaving them here, in any state, is just another way of killing them- an end that would inevitably be theirs if they came into the possession of the Flaming Fist anyway! What is the blinking difference if we end them ourselves, ensure the safety of our mission, and send them to answer for their crimes to whatever god claims their misbegotten souls? In the eyes of a druid, these filth are mulch either way, whether it happens now or in a hundred years!

She takes a few moments to collect herself, slowing her breathing and calming down before continuing, speaking to the whole family at this point. I am willing to take these people's lives to aid the peaceful living of others. And I am willing to put the whole mission on hold to make them dig a hole that just may keep them alive and in misery while they wait to be picked up by the Fist, or at least delay their betrayal long enough for us to do what we need to do. I can legitimately see both sides and do not feel strongly enough in either direction to lose sleep either way. But what I am NOT willing to do is lose the only family I have to fighting over the fate of men and women who chose, for whatever reason, to walk a path of damnation, orchestrated violence, and theft! This must be decided, so I will let Melian cast the deciding vote. If we wish to include Vala in the discussion before rashly acting, which I would recommend considering she is trusting us with her life and this burden would be on her soul as well, then she deserves a voice in this as well. If for some reason the vote is tied and no side can reason with the other into a consensus, then I will flip a damn coin, let fate decide their end, and do my absolute best to maintain the love and respect of the only people in this world that I would be damned or die for, no matter what way the coin falls and whoever thinks less of me because of it!

Caelyn pauses for a moment, then shouts And these dogs will die over my dead body!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    And just like that Caelee took a BIG step towards True Neutral. Might shift her alignment soon.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2021-01-03 at 07:00 PM.
    The Bear is Back.