Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
My big question here (and any other ‘Fantastic Four already exist’ scenarios while we’re at it) is why would they be secret, what is the explanation for why they’ve never helped out with any of the previous threats? We’ve already done the ‘hasn’t interacted with the other supers because they don’t like/trust them’ angle with Dr. Pym. Sokovia Accords have only been in effect for a few years. It’s kind of hard to get recognition for your scientific discoveries in other dimensions if no one knows about them...
You can do this: the MCU Fantastic Four don't see themselves as superhero vigilantes, they see themselves as a team of scientists that had an accident and got strange habilities as a result. Their research and projects are vastly more important than stopping criminals as a superhero team, so they just don't bother; not because they're sitting around, but becasue they're working their ass off doing dealing with urgent big issues that only they are equipped to deal with.
(Why didn't Luke Skywalker travel from world to world in the OT saving the little guy being abused by the Empire? Because he had his hand(s) full dealing with bigger issues.)

That's not such a stretch. The same issue turns up with any superhero in the MCU (e.g., why didn't anyone show up in Venice or London to help Spider-man in Far from home?). My preferred approach by far is a mild dismissal of the issue, asking the audience to just buy into one more superhero trope, rather than the alternative of a blown-up lampshading built into the plot, which basically always pulls me out even more because I realize what they're doing.