[Coast Crawling]
Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
The labcoat lady gets healed, but (of course) her pride doesn't recover.

Unless unicorns are particularly good at healing shattered pride.

"After seeing he was taken care of, I had to run back this way because I couldn't see what was going on here from there." But, excuses excuses. He should've anticipated that the best place to attack would have been back here. What's the point of being a paladin if you can't do that?

Because of the shouting, some of the people wake up and - after figuring out what's going on and that this isn't a trick or a trap, wake up the others with them. They probably get their chains unlocked, too, by the obedient drivers (who have seen what happened to all the clearly-more-powerful-people who were around).

One of the mermaids peeks out from the marine-wildlife-transport-pool that she's in. She looks very similar to her sister, except still a young teenager, and also is wearing what looks like fancy ceremonial clothes. "H-hi," she says. "Um. That's me."
Not particularly. Honestly, having someone else healing her might be even harder on labcoat lady's pride.

"Hi. I'm Anchor, here on behalf of the goddess Message. And that's Zophiel. We met your sister, I mean, that's how we knew to find you."
"First, is there anyone who was taken who's not here in these tanks?"
Anchor asks, glancing around at the different wagons.
"Second, is there anything to know about on account of your ceremony being interrupted? There was something at the mouth of the river."

Don't worry, Zophiel. Paladins just have to be heroic. Tactical expertise is just a bonus.

And yes, everyone ought to get their chains unlocked. They'll need to work out where all these people ought to go, but once out of the chains, they're not as helpless as the mermaids could be on land, so they aren't Anchor's priority.