Vala gives a quiet sigh of relief, happy that perhaps cooler heads had prevailed for now at least. "It's dark, it's late, we've been walking all night. We can keep them tied up - Loog included - and rest here, then head out in the morning? Any further and my feet are going to give out underneath me. Maybe in the morning once we've had some rest and sleep everything will feel a bit clearer." She slips her spear across her back, before grabbing Loog and dragging him easily across to the others. She ties him with the remaining rope, making sure to gag him too. He stutters half a word out before his mouth is stuffed shut. "You make any noise during the night, we hit you until you stop." She warns them all. They nod, emphatically. With quiet (as much as you can get in a wolf-filled forest) confirmed, she goes to set up her own tent - yet another thing that she carried around like it was nothing.

It takes her the better part of 20 minutes to set it up, but she does so quietly and efficiently. With a final yawned goodbye she slips through the tent flap with a "Wake me up in like...6 hours? 7?" but doesn't wait for an answer.

The threats from Melian and Vala seem to be enough to keep the Blacktalons in place, as none of them make any moves during the night. Indeed those on watch notice that at some point they all seem to drift off to sleep (it was, after all, a sleep that you wrested them from). You are, thankfully, undisturbed during the night. Whether that's because of your fire or because those that strayed too close decided the weapons on show were enough reason to satay away, the watches pass peacefully if not quietly.

Dawn comes maybe 5 hours later, leaving the non-elves of the group trying to force sleep into not only a bright but a blisteringly hot day. Even without the sun on you, you can still feel that today is going to be worse than others. Vala's already sweating when she finally emerges from her tent, after the required six hours of sleep, quietly groaning at the heat and lack of comfortable sleep. She soon sets about fixing breakfast (nothing cooked, mostly berries with some hard cheese and bread).

Once everyone has had their full 8 (4 for elves) hours of rest, it's mid-morning, having expended a few hours of light already - though in the summer months there's plenty to spare. You get a chance to make any final threats, assurances or words of encouragement to the bandits before you send them off - unarmed and unarmoured - in the opposite direction to where you believe the main camp is. Watching his companions leave, Loog tuts and mutters to himself "Shoulda slept on watch, would've got to go too." "Say something?" Vala asks pointedly, tugging on his ear, to which he replies, louder "I sai' if you're gonna play it off like they ran, yer gonna need a reason. Attack durin' the night or whatever, somethin' for you to save me from." He tuts again, as she lets him go, looking a bit less sure of his words now. "S...so you're gonna have to rough me up a bit, get some cuts or bruises. Make it look real, otherwise they'll know somethin's up. They wouldn' just run off for no reason, we got a good thing goin' here, mostly."

Vala scratches her head and looks to the rest of you. "Think he's right?"

Spoiler: OOC
Show

Today you are visited by SCORCHING HEAT because the weather roll was very high.
Blistering heat that is unpleasant to travel in. Creatures that attempt to travel during the daylight hours require twice the ration of water, and creatures that travel for 4 or more hours, or engage in heavy activity for 1 or more hour, during the day and do not immediately take a short or long rest under cover must make a DC10 Constitution saving throw or gain a level of Exhaustion.

All fire damage rolls have a +2. All cold damage rolls have a -2.
Since there's ample food and water (thank Caelyn) this mostly just means you'll have to slow your travel pace slightly and take regular rests, and gotta keep the damage changes in mind for any combat.