Cheerful Sam
Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
AC: 12 HP: 39/39 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
PP: 10|14 PIv: 15|10 PIs: 11|13
Conditions: --- | --

The Night

Sam still stands stiffly, hands shaking from the flood of anger and adrenaline. He breathes out a sigh through his nose at Melian's suggestion to just let them go. It might not be wise, but maybe it's the best he's going to get. "Alright." As Senna brushes off her gruesome attempt on the bandits' lives and returns straight to strategizing, Sam turns away in disgust and walks over to the bandit 'pile'. "Assuming you take this as a wakeup call," he begins, straightening out his ruffled sleeves. "You should look for work at the Nashkel mines. They're going to be looking for miners again soon, after we clear out the roads."

Grepha flies down from her perch and lands on Sam's shoulder, causing him to tense up a bit. He closes his eyes and takes a breath, then adds, "I wish you luck." Turning away, he claims one of the bandits' tents that are already up, and crawls in.

"What was that out there? Offering to kill them behind my back?" Sam chastises Grepha telepathically while he takes a drink from his waterskin and stares at his knees.

"I was only trying to help. Bringing Loog in on the plan, it's foolishness. I would sooner trust the bandit dogs than that man."

"No more side business," Sam states, out loud and with clarity. "Any offers, deals or whatever you want to make go through me from now on. Check in telepathically, and no agreements or offers without my permission."

Folding her arms, Grepha has little choice but to agree. "You're the boss. Just remember. Honor and benevolence feels good, up until it gets someone you care about killed by those who have none. Try considering that before it happens."

Without indulging more on the subject, Sam turns away and tries to get some sleep.

Spoiler: Rolls
Show
Persuasion on the bandits to convince them to seek legitimate work at Nashkel.
(1d20+4)[11]
(1d20+4)[20] Advantage from Melian's warning?

The Morning

In an uncharacteristically uncheerful mood, Sam slumps around camp in the morning. After the prisoners go - Loog excepted - he tells the others, "I'm not going to fit in around the bandit camp. I should go join up with the reinforcements and come in that way." His infernal companion is quiet that morning as well, returned to her disguised form of a raven.