Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
That provides some incentive to get weapons that actually have the bonus instead of cheesing it with GMW like everyone has since 3.0e, but it still sounds more like a nice bonus than anything required since I'd imagine you can just, y'know, use weapons that typically bypass that DR.

Actually, how easy are those to get in PF2? I hear they did a better job of balancing than the original 3.x editions while still having more variety of character options than 5e.
PF2 is best compared to 4e that looks like D&D while having the breadth and depth of choices approaching 5e. Rigidly balanced, fights are almost exclusively HP attrition, you encounter plenty of non choices like ‘do I take a ribbon or an actual class feature this level?’

It still does not give martials plot abilities, as those have remained in the hands of casters. Spells are nerfed five different ways, sure, but that only manages to split casters from Martials in a way reminiscent of Shadowrun deckers and street sams. At least the casters resolve stuff quickly.

The one thing pf2 does best is low level adventure paths, as it seems to be designed such that players are incapable of influencing the world beyond poking things with sticks or clicking over to the next scene.