Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Runelords 2E IC

Alexej Vladislav, Human Evoker
    AC: 15 | HP: 15 | Class DC: 17
    Fortitude: +4 | Reflex: +5 | Will: +7 | Perception: +5
    Active Effects: None.
    Conditions: None.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Foxglove View Post
    "And you my fine wizarding saviour, will you come and roast the boar in its juices?"
    Alexej looked at the man, this friendship, was perhaps the avenue towards a patron who could fund his reasearch, and as such, should be cultivated. He nodded, humbly, "While my skill with spear and bow are sufficiently lacking, I am sure I can entertain with my humle magicks at a hunting lodge once you have successfully taken down the beast." In a manner befitting a drunken man, he bowed low, sloshing his ale, before calling for another. "'twould be my honor!"

He finished off his evening with ale, however, he was sure to space such drinking with clean, fresh water, so he would not suffer from his drinking on the morning. It never benefitted one to dull their wits such they should suffer for the previous evenings enjoyment. And so it was through the night, he toasted his comrades, their bravery, and courage, all while trying to determine the measure of their character.

The following morning, he came down to the common room, partaking of a modest breakfast of spiced sausages, some runny eggs, a crust of thick bread, and a cup of spiced tea. He did, however, partake of the odd sweet smelling dough, nodding his approval at their host Ameiko. "Our thanks for this fine repast, and for last night's accommodations my lady!" It was then he noted the sheriff moving through the crowd towards their table.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Hemlock View Post
    "Zantus is a concerned the boy have fallen and hurt himself, or worse a gobbo or two may have been left behind. But either way with my men on the walls, injured or helping flush out any stray goblins - already found 3 today hiding in attics or under a floorboard - I'm short manned. Could you ye have a look?"
    Before Alexej could answer, his companions spoke, first Jannis. To which Alexej just nodded in agreement as the man offered the company's services. Then the mercenary spoke, brusquely demanding payment for such an endeavor. Alexej shook his head, and slid a gold crown across the table, "Our companion does not seem to understand that Sandpoint has lost some of it's defenders in yesterday's raid, and that you come to us because your duty and that of your guards has to be the entirety of the citizenry, and not a single rumor of a missing person, of which there must be many from yesterday's chaos." He turned to Lysander, "I'll pay the measure you demand of our already taxed Sheriff, but in so doing you are my man in this endeavor, agreeable?"
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-01-09 at 11:45 AM.