[Deep in the Woods]

Atreyu flops down onto the furs beside Kestrel with a chuckle, "Well now Missy, if'n you recall, I did say if things were too slow, I'd have to take matters into my own hands." He counters with a sly grin. "And as far as matters go, I ain't gonna lie, this was one of the more enjoyable ones to have to take into my own hands."

Yup. He definitely knew what he was doing.

But look at that blushing, pouting birdlady! Atreyu can't help but lean over to pat her head and give her feathers a little ruffle.

"Haha, sorry. Reckon perhaps I've been out here too long. Losin' a bit of my civility." He glances off down towards the campfire. It's already getting quite late in the evening. "Took quite a few days to hunt down these furs. We'd best get to cooking quickly 'fore it gets too dark, else we're like to attract things we'd rather not."

He turns back to Kes, his bright orange eyes gleaming with mischief. "Oughta warn ya too, Kestrel. It gets awful cold at night. There's barely enough here to keep me warm. Ain't enough for two separate beds, which means we'll have to share."