[Deep in the Woods]

That sly, cheeky scoundrel! She knew it! She knew that he had done that intentionally! Kestrel shot Atreyu a glare, although unfortunately for her it seemed that her reactions were having the opposite effect than she intended. In fact, she just seemed to be amusing him further- to the point that he reached out to pat and ruffle her! Who was he, thinking he could just condescendingly treat her like this!

... well, okay, she had to admit the pats did feel very nice. But still, how dare he!

It is hard to stay grumpy at someone who saved you for long though, so Kestrel relented and accepted his apology. The pouty expression on her face still stuck around somewhat though. She nodded in agreement with his suggestion they start making dinner. "Sounds like a good idea. I could use a hot meal." However, despite all her hopes, it seemed that Atreyu hadn't quite finished with embarrassing her just yet. Kestrel looked up at him, her own eyes narrowing as his own seemed to shine. "What!? No, no, you're kidding me! It surely can't be that cold! This... this is just some stupid excuse so you can tease me more, right!? I'm onto you!"