Quote Originally Posted by liquidformat View Post
Dragonslayer is one of those that does what the description suggests which is nice. In a dragon heavy campaign I think it is reasonable 17/20, in 90% of games its probably a 7/20 since most of the abilities don't translate. If its improved critical and Overcome Draconic Spell Resistance worked across the board or dragons plus all favored enemies or could be expanded somehow this thing would be ok as a 17/20.

As is I think it is closer to 12/20 just because the PRC is too focused.
Having Improved Critical across the board wouldn't be much of an improvement in my view. The feat is useless since keen and impact are a thing, don't stack with Improved Critical, and don't take up a feat slot. And the class feature doesn't change that, so it's basically useless as well, a null feature. Without Disciple of Dispater shenanigans (which you'd need gestalt for to make it work) or wielding some obscure weapon with a native 17-20 threat range, you're still getting a maximum of about a 15-20 threat range, which isn't bad, but which anyone with about 8 grand and a liking for knitting needles can get with a keen rapier.