Kett Collier
Human Shadow Monk/Rogue
AC: 19 HP: 52/52
PP: 19 PIv: 13 PIs: 13
Conditions: Darkvision (~5 hours?)
Concentrating: --

Only one entrance was unusual for a construction like this. She'd usually have expected a small worker gate for deliveries so that any important guests wouldn't have to rub shoulders with those types - people making a living off their own backs. A few theories bubble up. Magical workers, rather than living. Not unusual for big mages but they still had some assistance usually, if only so they didn't spend their days refreshing spells instead of more important things. Underground access might do it too. She casts her eyes at the surrounding buildings. If she wanted absolute security, getting deliveries through to another building then having them brought underground made more sense than an overland route. For a mage of some repute it wouldn't even cost that much to create. She didn't have time to watch the other buildings for unusual couriers though, the party was tomorrow. If that was the situation, they'd have to find it while inside as an exit route, instead of using it as an alternate entrance.

Her tail was a mild inconvenience. Not that it was there, that was fine, more that she didn't know who it was from. The host could be the cause - additional security dedicated to tailing anyone who looks like they're paying too much attention to the estate. Could be some Thranes recognising her from her mad horse ride through the zone with Maugrim. Could be the so-called 'authorities' keeping an eye on her, maybe on Magistrate orders. Or Arimart's. Or could be some Houses. Or a whole host of other people. She whistles a quiet tune as it comes to mind just how many people might want her watched. She's amassed a decent host of potential enemies in a short period of time here, but as long as they didn't get in her way now they could hate her as much as they wanted when she was gone.

With her circle of the grounds completed, she does the only logical thing: approaches the front gate. She gives the guard a small wave of greeting as she approaches, concern written into her expression. "Hello. I'm really sorry to bother you, but I don't quite know what to do," she opens with, putting on her most eloquent of voices, "I think some hooded men have been following me. Is there anything you can do?" She wasn't averse to playing up the 'weak woman' aesthetic in need of a big strong man to save her. It was a tool and it worked, often and well. And when it didn't, that was fine too, but she might be able to snag two pheasants with one arrow playing it this way.