1. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3, Out of Character Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    The deck was slippery of the small sloop and the low hooting of the strange winged howler monkeys in the cages competed with the squawking of the tropical birds and the grunting of the crocodiles in their cramped cages. Ignoring the animals in packed hold of the vessel three burly darfallen moved down the decking, harpoons and knives in hand. Akula looked left and right to Ootiliktik and Shooki!alui a few clicks to indicate that they were to flank the door before he threw the door open.

"Procan's waves.." he mutters as the light of a single torch illumes the room beyond. A half dozen blankets are scattered around the room each with a terrified looking human child curled up in terror as the black and white patterned figures with sharp fangs and blood stained harpoons bursting into the room. Akula looks at Ootiliktik and shrugs... "What do we do now? The other pirate scum will be back soon?" Gazing out over the waves they can see nothing in the twighlight but they know the ships of the crimson fleet will be looking for the missing vessel. With a heavy sigh Shooki!alui gathers up the oars of the smal ship's dinghy and gestures to the children. Before long with some gentle coaxing Akula, Shooki!alui and Ootiliktik are in the dinghy rowing hard away from the deserted schooner leaving the animals and several dead pirates behind. Akula looks at the others clicking and whistling in Aquan to not scare the children - "When they said treasure, I was meaning gold not humans"...

Reaching the lights of Sasserine they glide into the bay and the harbour, a tarpaulin thrown over the small children who are shivering in the cool sea air despite the tropical climate. Pulling into the shore the 3 large Darfellan bang elbows in success. "A good raid, another blow against the Crimson Fleet, much honour for the N'Kuttik. Now..." he pauses as he helps pluck the children from the boat and onto the stinking quay, "What in the name of the Gods do we do with these 6...."
    Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    Tillandi had taken a late-night stroll at the docks. She liked the ocean, especially at night when there wasn't a lot of people and things were calm. Just the soft waves and the phosphorescence of it was quite pleasant. When she saw a ship coming in, she just waited to see the effects on the ocean. She was still standing there when she saw them offloading children. Or at least what she thought. Making sure that she had her trident and shield ready, so moved closer. Of course, no city watch in sight just when you need one, but she couldn't let slavers go free. As she came closer, she noticed there were six children and three Darfallen.
    "What's going on here," she asked, "who are you and what are you doing with those children?"
    Resolution: Sticks his Face in it

"I think I can answer that best," pipes up a reedy voice from the base of the next pier. As he approaches, the dark-haired form of an unreasonably lithe Elf passes through a few lamps, apparently unhindered by the deep darkness between. "This fellow's a Darfellan, as I'm sure you can see for yourself. They're a generally peaceful folk, but ah shall we say they respond particularly to oppression?" The Elf turns to one of the trio helping the kids scramble ashore. He bows shallowly, maybe apologetically? "My Aquan is sorely lacking, some would say- unless I'm mistaken you're of the N'Kuttik clan? I'm afraid we've never met directly, but I'm familiar with your people's plight. I would simply love to get to know you better, if you're willing."

The Elf turns back to the Half-Elf, and bows again. His hands wide and empty, he begins to speak. "I'm Firi'Sar Throshana. And these people almost certainly rescued those children." He glances over his shoulder and notes their acknowledgement. Taking a step back, so as to more easily address both groups, he pipes up once more. "I happen to also be, ah, well acquainted with the matron of the Emerald Waters orphanage. With any luck, we'll be able to reunite some of them with their families here, but it's late and in the meantime they'll need a bed and a meal." The children's own sorry state suggests they've been taken somewhere else and kept in horrendous quarters for some time. A few of them look up eagerly at mention of food, but most are too shaken or tired to even do that.

"If you'd care to walk with me, I'll be happy to lead them there myself- and you as well, even if only for assurance." The lithe man extends his elbow to Tiliandi, apparently prepared to literally lead her, should she care to go.