1. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3, Out of Character Thread

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    Tillandi was walking on the market. She had been asked to take over teaching some of the novices and it was clear that being a good priestess didn't necesseraly mean that you're also a good teacher. After the lesson finished, she had decided to take a little stroll to clear her head. She was just wandering aimlesly when she heard some commotion. Taking her trident and shield, she went to see what is was all about. She noticed that there were a few ruffians were attacking a girl who apparently had a large cat and that young man who supported the orphanage. As an orphan herself (although having been raised in the temple) she rather liked what he was doing, so she had to help him.

Luckily for him she had wanted to teach the novices some spells but hadn't gotten that far in the lesson, so she still had them memorised. Grabbing her trident with her shield hand so she had a hand free, she started casting and blasted a 15 foot cone of fire into the air to get their attention.
    "Okay punks," she said to the rufians, "I'll give you one chance to run off, before I blast you to the next world."
    "We're in between these," one of the attackers said, pointing at Cordelia and Firi'Sar.
    "Correct," Tillandi replied, "but as cleric, I can heal as well. And I can put you on the blacklist of all churches in this city. Is it really worth it?"
    "Well...," the guy said, but Tillandi interupted him.
    "Wrong answer," she said, starting to cast again, "now run."

She knew the spell didn't work for everyone, but this time it did and eyes wide in fear, the leader ran off. The rest of the gang looked at the Tillandi, Cordelia, Kitten and Firi'Sar and decided they had an important engagement elsewhere and were now going to find out exactly what it was. When they too had run off, she looked at the others.
    "Tillandi, cleric of Procan, at your service," she said, "I'm sorry for the dramatic, but it wasn't only to intimidate those idiots. Someone will have seen that and I'm sure the city guard will arrive shortly to assist."
    Firi'sar raises a hand to object, more stably than his state would suggest reasonable. As he does so, he winces, and begins rubbing a bruise on his arm where it will surely be sore for days to come. "You definitely don't need to apologize. That little turd- sorry, uh, kid..." The Elf lapses into silence, staring blankly at the alley the orphan scampered down. "Damnit, he should know better!"

Turning to the newcomer, he gets a good look at her for the first time. "Hah! Miss Tillandi! So good to see you again! No, really! But, ahhh, we should probably be off, no?" He glances back at the girl with the cat. "Thanks for the assist, miss. Gods willing, you'll never need me to return the favor. I... assume you both have safe lodgings? Let's travel together as we may. It seems a night for... unsavory types."

((OOC AGAIN)) As I recall, after the resolution, there's little or no need to continue the in-character descriptions. I added a bit here, just because it felt good to tie it off, and have thoroughly spruced up my initial OOC post. I don't have direct confirmation from DarkOne yet, but I think this is more or less what we did before: All the pieces of Firi'sar's story in one place, with links to the relevant details that formed his development and resolution tidbits.

At a glance, you can easily see all seven of Firi'Sar's "phrases" or descriptions, if you prefer, and with just a little digging there's some in-character action to better flesh out the meaning.

@DrK: if you'd like, I can have Firi'Sar respond to your greeting in Cordelia's hook, but ultimately it's her place to tie it off as she will (assuming she feels the need). The short version is that it will reveal a sad side to the Elf. He doesn't like the need for the orphanage, and easily recognizes it as vastly worse than homes. But he feels deeply that these kids deserve all that he can give them and then more still, and acts accordingly. "Ah, well.... They'd be better at home, but they're cared for and fed, yeah?"