Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard
I don't think anyone thought this was just going to be a sitcom pastiche.
Yeah, I don’t think anyone believes this will be a show about Wanda and Vision having a sappy 50s life.

Originally Posted by Cikomyr2
No, some people in the first page of the thread were outright saying the 50s Schtick style wasn't a good one and they didn't like the show because of it.
It's possible to not like the style and still recognize this is a dreamworld Wanda has generated, and that we’ll eventually work out who or what is involved.

They’ve clearly spent a lot of effort recreating the 50s aesthetic. So far I find it somewhere between tedious and grating, and the only enjoyment has been watching Olsen and Bettany pull off some excellent performances.

That doesn’t mean I’m not expecting a whole series of reveals, veil by veil and layer by layer, but I hope they pick up the pace a little bit.

Spoiler
Show
And, looking at IMDB, it seems that Randall Park is credited as Jimmy Woo starting in episode 3, so there’s some hope that we’ll get more of the outside world coming through. It seems a little too obvious for him to appear as one of the residents of Happyville, but maybe he’ll show up on TV?

As for TV, I’m betting the commercial for the next episode will feature an Ultron reference.