Quote Originally Posted by Antediluvian View Post
I just don't understand who this is for... what's the target audience? Is there really a demand from super hero movie fans to have a 50's sitcom show?
As already addressed, it isn't. We're in media res, sharing the confusion that Wanda and Vision face as the trappings erode.

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
First of all, Bewitched Nostalgia is a thing for early Gen Y who watched syndication TV when they were young.

Second, there is a dystopia feel/mystery to the whole piece. I personally don't think the entire season will be 50s sitcom Schtick. If anything, the show will probably evolve as Wanda... Wakes?
Without spoiling, my wife and I believe we have already seen...evolution?...in the first two episodes. As has been mentioned, the "schtick" is pulling from multiple sources and it feels very much to us like the sources have already moved forward in a timeline. Note the wardrobe choices and the general presentation style. Now I want to rewatch specifically for the vehicles. Their car in the open was definitely 50s, and I think early 50s. See also Spoiler element #1.

Spoiler: Specific references
Show
  1. Pushing the beds together seems a particularly intentional sequence, strongly suggesting to me moving forward in TV era
  2. Color transition will fit in perfectly with that theme as well

On the hexagons and bees:
  3. I originally thought the hexagon motif was, well, a hex motif, because that was the naming convention used for her powers in the 70s/80s. The Scarlet Witch hexed things...does that play with the beekeeper? They don't have to be linked, but it makes sense if they are, so now I'm leaning more towards it being a hexagon and not a hex reference.
  4. The beekeeper could be a debugging sort of thing...but I thought of Hive. Had to review, and it appears he is a Stucker creation. Still a possibility for MCU as he may have made Hive before AoU, or he may have Still, that's more an amalgam of people as opposed to a bee-inspired character, so not sure.

Symbols
  5. The symbol on the helicopter also made me think of SWORD immediately...and while the symbol isn't a perfect fit, it seems similar and kinda looks like the Peak to me. Fits well with our last teaser of Fury and the expectation that we'll see more of the universe in coming MCU films.
  6. Stark and Strucker commercials - not sure how many casual fans will understand the Strucker reference, but everyone will get the Stark nod. We need a third, though, to start being able to speculate because these two are effectively Vision and Wanda's "creators".

Other
  7. Vision's boss - his intense, angry reaction and interrogation about why Wanda and Vis came to that place really stands out to me. Kitty stays sort of in character, but the Boss departs from what was shown us as the norm, and then gets "rebooted"(?) by choking and then being rescued by Vision. Was this an avatar temporarily controlled by an active person, a glitching NPC or something else?

- M