Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
So... I still want the "humans combined with Pokemon" side game.

We've got Bill accidentally fusing with a Pokemon in a teleporter accident.

We've got the whole thing with Detective Pikachu.

We have Cara Liss's fossils fusing multiple Mon into one organism.

In the anime, there's even that magic spell that turned Ash into a talking Pikachu.

I know that the idea of human/pokemon hybrids is a thing in the fandom but there does seem to be enough precedent in the series to do it in canon, if only in a side game.

I have the mental image of a girl who appears to be a solid indistinct shadow, except for her facial features which are distinguishable with her eyes and the mouth visible and shredded in smoke who thinks she's dead now becuase she's been combined with the traits of a ghastly, a girl fused with an Evee who is desperately trying to find a water stone becuase she wants to be a mermaid and thinks that the experiments will be worth it if she can get close, and a boy turned into living magma after being fused with a slugma who is desperate for either a cure or a suit that can contain his body heat becuase he's desperate for human contact wandering around in a forest after escaping the facility they were taken to and experimented on and trying to find their way to civilization so they can whistleblow on the people who ran the lab.
It was done.....in a manga thing. I forget which one, but a guy has this stone and fused with a.....ah here it is: Burst a special technique from a pokemon manga clal Pokemon ReBurst that allows one to combine with a pokemon. those who can use it are known as Burst Warriors. you need a Burst Heart for it.