Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
And if we were talking about making a videogame that would be all the setting and plot we'd need to make the most original and daring pokemon game of all time.

unfortunately, we're talking about making a roleplaying setting. which has different needs. the appeal needs to be wider in various ways: more regions, more variations on how such a society might turn out, more enemies in case the players go in directions one does not expect, more details on all the conflicts such hybrids would cause and such and so on, and the pokemon setting itself needs fleshing out so as to better make sense geographically, historically, what the difference between playing someone from one region or another is, what mons are favored in which environment, a lot of things. most roleplaying settings are fun and successful because of their wide scope and having a lot of things to use and play around with. your ideas are fine they are just too narrow and focused on blindly imitating the source without considering the differences between the mediums. a videogame can afford to have a railroad plot with only one enemy organization in a single sparsely detailed out region because of design limitations. we on the other hand are only limited by our imagination.
Yeah, but "base setting, bad guys, and other factions" is the starting point...

I honestly wasn't figuring making a whole game, I figure it'd be a contained roleplay.

I figure that if it goes out of the starting region you could just use the pre-existing regions from canon adapted as necessary.\

...Though now that you're talking about imagination as the only limit I'm imagining a group of six kids/young adults being forced to register as a single team of combined trainer and pokemon and run the entire Pokemon Leage as if they were th Pokemon in order to get a meeting with the Elite 4, who are the only people with the clout to actually do anything about the Mea Corp.

"The courts ruled that you're human in X, Y, and Z way, which means you're safe, but you're pokemon in A, B, and C way which means there are some hoops you have to jump through to get your allegations heard by the only authority who can do anything about it...." with the cyberpunk elements being breaking into various corp owned institutions along the way to collect evidence.

Just go full crack with it.