1. - Top - End - #118
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXX: Hot Skitty on Wailord Action!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    See, you went from a 2 to 100 there, and focused too much on the recent history.

I was more thinking that it'd be a known technology around the world and have affected history in various ways and corps are just one of the people using them. but then again maybe I just want to make my own setting, and maybe I didn't catch what you actually meant. but if its still 99% normal pokemon setting thats a completely thing than what I had in mind.
    Yeah, I was thinking "the PCs are victims of mad scientists and this is recent tech that only this one unethical megacorp has."

That's not to say that a game couldn't progress over time to the point that the technology that created the PCs doesn't get used later by less evil people once the corp is defeated and we move from Punk to Post-Punk, but the "trying to cope with being changed against your will and how you deal with the changes" is the key issue a least for the initial storyline.

"Dynasty of dragon-pokemon hybrid royals" is a bit too much "this has been around for a while and is normalized" for what I'm thinking, at least at first.

As for ways this works... honestly, I figure that "take stem cells from a ditto, splice them with genes from the actual mon we want, inject them into the subject, and then put them into machine that combines the same regeneration technology used to revive fossils with a simulated gestalt of the radiation emitted by various evolution stones" if you don't want actual fusions.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-01-18 at 10:06 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks