1. - Top - End - #107

Default Re: Most attacks vs 1 target in 1 turn: 22? Can anyone do better?

Quote Originally Posted by WaroftheCrans View Post
    Well, there is no set way to just bite off your head, and it really goes against the spirit of the challenge. Also, OOTS #326 comes to mind :)
    No set way? Sure there is. Take your Multiattack action against yourself until you do at least 25 points of damage, then stop for the turn.

Quote Originally Posted by WaroftheCrans View Post
    My reason for listing 32 attacks is that's the most reasonable amount, and the amount Eldariel listed. Using permanent duration true polymorph just makes you into the monster, which is incredibly boring.
    Of course. This whole thread is silly. When would you ever care about how many attacks you make at the exclusion of everything else? In actual play the goal isn't to make a lot of attacks or even usually to do a lot of damage--it's to win the war, or at least the fight.

Nevertheless, turning a PC into a hundred-headed hydra is something I can imagine actually doing in a high level adventure because honestly it sounds like fun, especially if you do it the day before so that when someone finally kills the hydra, they're still dealing with a spellcaster with 9th level spell slots. Getting to walk up to almost any melee monster and go, "You're dead," could be fun for the whole party. They're the hydra, hydra is the anvil. I can see the party warlock having fun (Repelling) Blasting enemies into your opportunity attack reach, the wizard Longstridering Hasting you for more mobility, etc.
    Last edited by MaxWilson; 2021-01-18 at 11:44 PM.