Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
My solution of 35 attacks is waiting for an agreed upon set of ground rules. If we don't have an agreed upon set of ground rules then it is impossible to evaluate the builds.

I will go ahead and not reveal my build until some ground rules can be established.

Meanwhile I will simply modify Rara's build with some of WarOnCrans ILLEGAL allowances.

Spoiler: Rara1212
Show
My idea requires a bit of set up.
First we need to find a Gloom Weaver(not the Subclass but the Monster/NPC), and take over their body with Magic Jar(Finding one can be replicated with just casting True Polymorph on an object, since they are CR9). This gives us their body, and most of our statistics are replaced with theirs. We retain our class, alignment and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. (Magic Jar won't let us use a targets class features, sadly) We don't get access to the Gloom Weavers Spellcasting but we get their Innate Spellcasting and all their other stuff. Mainly we are after their Multi attack. This lets us make 2 attacks with their spear and cast 1 spell(with casting time of 1 action), with just 1 action. For example, 2 spear attacks and an eldritch blast for 6 attacks.
For this we need at least 11 lvls in Wizard(or use Bards ability to steal spells), for 6th level spells.

Next we need 2 levels of Fighter, for Action surge. Easy way to almost double our attacks.

At this point, we could cast Jim's Magic missile at 6th level, +2 spear attacks with our action(thanks to the Gloomweavers Multi attack) then action surge and do it again(albeit with a 5th level Jim's) for 8+2 + 7+2 = 19 attacks.
We still got 7 levels, bonus action and our concentration left to spend.

Lets go to 17th level wizard(can't think of any subclass that gives us extra attacks with this combo), and 3rd level fighter(echo Knight)
Lets also use Haste on our selves, and a second 1h weapon(and the Dual Wielder feat), or a scimitar of speed(Crown of Stars also works, if precast).

Now for the full combo:

We get a new snazzy body, cast haste & summon our Incarnation. Then we use multi attack to cast a 9th level Jim's, and make 2 spear attacks for 11 + 2 attacks. Use our action surge to do it again with an 8th level Jim's(or a 9th if we have the boon, it's just 1 more attack) for 10 + 2 attacks. We use our haste action for 1 attack, and Unleash our Incarnation for 1 extra attack(only when we take the attack action). Lastly we use our bonus action for 1 dualwielder attack, since we took the attack action.
For a total of 11 + 2 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 28 attacks.

His build was corrected to be 27 attacks total (removing the Unleash Incarnation attack)

If we are going to allow ILLEGAL builds then his build wins among the builds posted so far.

Drop Dual Wielder for Telekinetic Feat. Add PAM and Warcaster Feats (his build has room for feats).

The action plays out the same except that instead of bonus action attack with your Dual Wielder you move away from the enemy and let them OA you (who cares?) and bonus action telekinetically shove (shove is an attack) them back into you with the Telekinetic Feat, triggering the ILLEGAL PAM OA and the ILLEGAL ability to cast a spell in place of the PAM OA. Then hit them with a level 7 Jim's Magical Missile for +9 attacks.

So that is 36 Attacks from Rara's build if it is ILLEGALLY modified.

So I guess that means I get semi-credit for the best ILLEGAL build so far.

Of course I have a fully LEGAL build that does 35 attacks (45ish if you allow the ILLEGAL stuff).
Thank you for the contribution. A couple things. Using the 3 levels of echo knight that RaRa already has, you can make the attack from the echo's space. With Polearm Master, you can take Martial Adept (pushing attack) instead of telekinetic, and have your echo be 15 feet away and push him with your bonus action attack from PAM. This can take it to 36 attacks legally, as the unleash incarnation does not work with haste, or to 37 illegally. Truthfully, this is RaRa's build, but we can both say that we enhanced it, you by applying the trick I posted to it with the telekinetic feat, and me by coming up with said trick, and adding an extra attack.

There is nothing in this thread preventing you from posting your legal build. The other builds here are either legal, or shown to be illegal, and the users of this forum understand what makes a build legal or houseruled. If you post a build that puts out 35 attacks in a turn without transformations, it will be the best of its type. If it can make 45 attacks using the PAM trick, then it's also legal. There is nothing preventing you from posting any build in this thread, or taking a trip to the thread "an ecletic collection of fun builds," or simply creating your own thread.