Default Re: Nexus Character Directory

Adam Kadmon
    Epic-level D&D 3.P Paladin//Cleric

"Gold Century Gothic"

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    Spoiler: This
    Show

with generic solar/light/wings imagery worked into the armour in the style of

Spoiler: This
    Show

As a high Epic-level Paladin//Cleric, Adam is well into the S tier of power, and can usually answer any question about his capabilities with "yes" or "if I wanted to, which I don't". He draws his power from elemental/conceptual Light, strongly linked to the D&D/PF cosmology's objective Good, and to Positive Energy. He can even teach people to directly tap divine power in similar ways without needing a god's intercession.

Speaking of whom, while he respects a lot of gods for the good work they do, telling him he should be worshipping them - or that worship is the natural position of mortals, rather than it being a private matter between an individual and their chosen god or gods - are... not quite fighting words, because he's not going to attack someone just for being a bigot or a zealot, but freedom is one of his highest ideals, alongside kindness and justice and responsibility. That all being said, he's the furthest thing from Lawful Stupid - he is in fact Chaotic, using a variant Paladin, and is intimately acquainted with the shades of grey that exist on the Inner Planes where pure concepts mingle and blur into the kind of reality most people are more acquainted with.

He's spent decades adventuring across near enough the entirety of the Great Wheel, accumulating knowledge and experience and power, but is much more of a diplomat and teacher these days than a warrior. He won't hesitate to step in if something's happening right in front of him, of course, but given his head he prefers to guide an up-and-coming adventurer in tackling the issue themselves and gaining the experience to strike out on their own with a good chance of surviving to teach students of their own. He wouldn't actively bestir himself to combat for less than an oncoming mass death event, and socially is fairly reserved, preferring not to speak without actually having something to say. He definitely doesn't lack confidence, though! Will not lie, ever, but is willing to state facts and allow people to come to false conclusions under some circumstances.

I, out of character, am deeply uncomfortable with mind control and other mentally intrusive stuff, so I'm declaring that Adam has an unspecified ability or combination of abilities that cause his mental defences to absolutely trump even the most trump-card laden conceptual mental effect, and has extended this protection to his teammates. I may also extend that to some forms of physically altering effects, depending on whether or not they fall into my squick zone, should any body horror come up.

More generally, he has the usual suite of immunities and defences you'd expect of a high-epic 3.P character, but sufficiently high-ranking conceptual effects may be able to circumvent or trump them as per standard Nexus rules.

Annis the Orphan
    Epic-level D&D 3.P Fighter

"Dark Pink"

Show

Once a noble daughter in a since-fallen Empire, Annis was orphaned during a period of... political struggle, let us say. Always something of an outsider, having been more interested in riding around on horses and hitting things with sticks than learning embroidery and smiling her way through polite nothings concealing verbal daggers, she was soon enough almost entirely ostracised. So she leaned into it - orphan of her parents, orphan of society, and when the (very male) army wouldn't take her and the (very male, very noble) paladins wouldn't take her and the (more mixed, but still very noble) Arcane Academy wouldn't take her, orphan of her nation.

She's still not quite sure how to feel about the fact that she came back for a break after slaying a Farspawn abomination in a running battle across the Outer Planes to hear that her old homeland had been picked apart and absorbed into the four neighbouring powers over the course of a few years' war while she was away - powers she could have singlehandedly slaughtered with impunity. On the one hand, she's long been happy to declare that there wasn't more than a handful of decent souls in the whole rotten lot. On the other, even if she isn't ready to admit it to herself, she recognises that that was a defence mechanism for the pain of being declared unworthy by everyone and every institution she ever knew without even being given a chance. Being suddenly separated from the issue might help, or it might not.

Always up for a scrap, and never backs down from a challenge unless it's genuinely that important, and if anyone makes a comment about women fighting probably not even then. Otherwise fairly easygoing and gregarious.

As an Epic-level D&D/PF character, Annis is a strong A-rank overall, falling short of S only due to her lack of magic. In a swordfight, there are very, very few who can match her. Even Adam isn't her equal in pure technical prowess, though a touch of magic and divinity make up the difference in an open spar. If I'd discovered Mythos classes before making her she'd probably be running on the Bellator chassis, minus the mind-warping bits and the eventually ascending into a godhead thing, but I didn't, so alas. Maybe I'll get around to reworking her one of these days.

Amara
    D&D 3.P Monster With Heroic Aspirations

"Green Garamond"

Show
    This, but lose the staff and add shortswords at the hips and a glaive slung across her back.

Spoiler
    Show

Amara is a Gorgon as of rferries' homebrew (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...Gorgon-Revised) with some experience as a scout and huntress, but who has only recently begun her adventuring career under Adam's tutelage.

She's a Level 6 Swift Hunter (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...-ranger-reborn!) using the Champion of the Wild and Distracting Attack ACFs. Her other Gestalt track is currently full of Racial HD so no progress there yet, but eventually I think she's going to take advantage of the ludicrous +12 racial Charisma bonus to spec into a spontaneous caster class. Even more eventually she'll probably use the Chosen Epic PrC from Librim Eternia to even out her progressions and pick up some interesting extra tricks but it is going to take her A While to get there :v.

Still, as a CR12 monster with some PC levels on top, she probably ranks a C+~B- in power. She'd go down to bullets, but not quickly or easily.

For a member of a Usually Neutral Evil species she's almost ridiculously upbeat and bubbly. She can get pretty vicious in a fight, or when something's got her really riled up, but most of the time she's inquisitive, friendly, and entirely oblivious to the effect her beauty has on people (Cha 26 is no joke). On the Great Wheel almost everyone she met was either a 'fellow monster' (i.e. almost always hostile) or one of the 'civilised' races who saw her as a monster (i.e. almost always hostile); Nexus is going to be a big change of pace for her, but one she's going to be 100% up for and 110% taking advantage of.
    Last edited by the_ajl; 2021-01-21 at 08:19 PM.