1. - Top - End - #93
    Closed Account

Default Re: Is the roleplay aspect of D&D gone, replaced by optimization?

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    This doesn't really support your argument. Picking a spear instead of a sword isn't being "flawed" or "eccentric". Neither is wanting to use a fighting style that isn't a two-handed or archery, or any other choice the game makes weaker. And it has nothing to do with Han Solo, a movie character as opposed to an RPG character.
    To phrase it bluntly, (though with no ill will or intent to anger or offend), if your view is that only Two Handed or Archery based warriors can meaningfully contribute to a D&D game, out of all the martial possibilities, then respectfully our viewpoints of the game are so wildly divergent that neither party is going to feel the other has the "right view".

So for purposes of this discussion, I disagree with your premises.
    This might be a misperception on my part, (and you have my apologies if it is), but the tone of your posts, conveys a lack of receptivity to other viewpoints.

Further attempts at explication, might lead to antagonism, which is the last thing I want. So please, Be Well...unfortunately...we disagree...and will have to leave the matter there.

I appreciate the conversation, and your representation of your viewpoint. Cheers!
    Last edited by Thunderous Mojo; 2021-01-21 at 12:25 PM.