View Single Post

Thread: Argus Panoptes: A Murder Mystery

1. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Argus Panoptes: A Murder Mystery

The killer would have to be nimble to have gotten through that small of a window without so much as a peep. Of course, the killer could have used some sort of proxy- a drone either his own or commandeered from the local supply.” Gn0me offered as way of a suggestion, her eyes still focused on the body as she spoke from the other room loud enough to be heard. Naturally she didn’t suggest this was something she was capable of. She extended one of her armored tentacles towards the ceiling so she could get a better look at an overhead view of the body without contaminating the crime scene.

Blood splatter was consistent with what she’d seen on the tape as far as she could tell. She kept darting her eyes over the four distinctive cuts in the chest- which one of you was the first and which one was the murder strike? Defensive wounds.. signs of a struggle. This wasn’t a clean murder. If there wasn’t a third murder Gn0me may think this man was the main target and the janitor merely an unfortunate by-product. But with a third murder; what was the connection?

Gn0me studied a strike she had a gut feeling was what finished the poor bastard which made each other wound rather excessive. Not something an assassin would do. Gn0me dubbed these extra three fatal wounds “I hate you, I hate you, and I hate you” in her mind. It suggested a connection but she’d have to study the third body before then.

Moments later she exited the room reviewing some data on her visor. “Naturally there’s no signs of an tracking implant detected around any of these murders or what would ya need us jokers for. That suggests to me a rather inordinate amount of preparation compared to the level of professionally I’ve seen on the bodies themselves. An individual off the grid. Or they used a robot.” She cast a brief look at the other detective’s robot canine companion. No... couldn’t be that obvious, could it? They were all capable in their field or they wouldn’t be here but why return to the scene?

That or Argus themselves organized the hit but that was just her paranoid conspiracy sense going into overdrive.

If it’s all the same to you folks I think I’d like to take a look at that third stiff. It’s got to be getting a little fragrant by now.
    Last edited by Phobia; 2021-01-21 at 05:24 PM.