View Single Post

Thread: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

1. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

"Sorry Miranda," Z said in hushed voices to the student across the small table. If he had known this was going to happen he wouldn't have suggested that they met at Julieanne's Brew. He thought this might have been a date! "I haven't managed to get restocked on your usual exam helper. In the meantime could I interest you in some Stay Awake tea? It'll let you work for another two two hours tonight of studying without being tired tomorrow?", he continued trying to placate the girl though the tears forming in her eyes suggested that it wasn't working.

He looked around but thankfully noone was staring at them yet. He really didn't want to draw public attention to his spare time dealings. Plus he genuinely liked the girl and felt bad for he. He knew that she had been struggling lately, and that she really needed to pass the test tomorrow. "Look, I'll call in some favours and see if I can get something for you by tonight, okay?" He'd have to talk to Nigel or Green, and see if any of them could help him out later.

Miranda thanked him and left him to sit alone. He took a sip of his coffee and sat for a moment before getting up and making to leave. As he did an older student entered, walked over to him and asked: "You're Z?"

"Yeah but look, whatever you want I'm out", he said preemptively, hoping he could head off another awkward conversation before it began.

"Not here for that", the older student replied and held out a scrap of paper: "Got a message for you."

Z grapped the paper, hands starting to sweat after recognizing the message style as the one that Ronce used. "Aren't we a bit too old for love letters?" he asked feigning joviality. He excused himself and hurried towards his home, reading the message on the way. He wanted to tear the paper to pieces. He hated feeling like Ronce could just summon him like a godsforsaken lapdog whenever he wanted.

As he reached home he had calmed down a bit. Realistically, if Ronce ask him to do something there wasn't much he could do, at least not as long as he wanted to stay in Vaungate. He quickly packed the essentials and hurried off to see Ronce at the man's office near the docks.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Feel free to jump to the scene with Ronce
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-01-23 at 08:30 AM.