View Single Post

Thread: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

1. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

Ronce's office

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post
    "Thank you sir", he replied after he thought the elder man was done enjoying his own voice. "I will focus my efforts immediately. I would in fact like to accept your generous support. I would also like to ask if you would be able to put me in contact with anyone who know more about the details of this disease and if you could recommend any collaborators in this indenture who could be trusted to maintain your exclusivity."
    "Hmmmm, yes. I have an associate that works at the Light's Heart hospital in the slums. She should be able to help. If you tell sister Brunhild Pebble that I've send you, she should be most forthcoming. I'll see about getting you some more help, but I do expect you to take the lead in this. that's what your studies at the Society Campus have been preparing you for after all, haven't they?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post
    He waits for the reply and when that part of the conversation is over he asks: "I have an idea for a remedy that could be able to cure most of the infected though it is naturally untested and it might not work depending on the traits of the disease. As you know research can require investments and while price of course can be reduced with efficiency, I'm afraid the initial process of often costly."

"However,"
    he continues quickly: [COLOR=#b22222]"I have an idea that might allow you to mitigate those costs. Are you familiar with the material Targath? It is a particular kind of metal which touch grants wielders some protection against diseases and if it effecting against the Stormdrain disease as normal diseases I imagine an early investor could get quite a return over the next month. "
    Ronce grimaces at the mention of cost, but then nods. "For the health of my fellow citizens, it is an investment I'll gladly make. As fort hat metal, well, I wish you'd mentioned it earlier. When the outbreak of this disease just began some good-for-nothing scoundrel bought up every stock of the metal they could get their hands on, no doubt intending to sell it at a vastly inflated price. I do have my own contacts to lean on, but it'll be several weeks yet before can expect a sufficiently large supply." He sighs. "Still, it's good to hear that you're willing to think with me on this. I wish all my associates had such a good attitude."

"Now, I believe you've got your work cut out for you, while I'll start looking for some trustworthy assistants for you. We'll talk again a week from now. I'm sure you'll already have made spectacular progress by then!" Ronce dismisses Z with a wave of his hand, then returns to studying one of the letters on his desk.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2023-08-03 at 04:59 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays